Why not let the slow cooker do all of the work for your St Patrick’s Day dinner celebration. This recipe promises to bring out the Irish in all who partake in this traditional feast. Cabbage optional.
Easy Corned Beef in the Crock Pot
· 1 (3-pound) corned beef brisket, plus pickling spice packet
· 8 whole cloves
· 4 cloves garlic, peeled
· 2 bay leaves
· 24 baby carrots, tops trimmed to 2 inches
· 1 pound baby Dutch potatoes
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Place corned beef brisket, fat side up, into a slow cooker; sprinkle with pickling spice.
2. Place whole cloves throughout the brisket. Add garlic, bay leaves and 2 cups water, or more water as needed to cover the brisket by at least 1 inch.
3. Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours. Add carrots and potatoes to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 2-3 hours, or until tender.
4. Thinly slice the corned beef against the grain. Serve immediately with carrots and potatoes, garnished with parsley, if desired.